Senior Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Job in Chattanooga, Tennessee
It is the responsibility of the job seeker to validate the information posted for each job. AAPC cannot validate or guarantee the accuracy of the information posted below.
Job Title: Senior Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
|Employer:||Pulmonary & Critical Care Consultants of Chattanooga
|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Skills:||$17 to $20 per hour based on knowledge and experience
|Specialties:||Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
|Required Certifications:||CPC and CPB from AAPC
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||Md Total Care, 1301 Mccallie Avenue, Suite 200,Chattanooga 37404, TN, US
- All aspects of medical billing, coding and accounts receivable management for a 3 provider/3 office practice, but will be heavily weighted towards correct coding and charge entry for inpatient, outpatient, and diagnostic testing services.
- Must have good working knowledge of various types of insurance coverage scenarios such as Medicare/Medicaid, TennCare, Medicare HMOs, various/sundry commercial insurance plans, and TriWest/Veterans Administration
- Must also be able to correctly post payments, troubleshoot and resolve problem claim situations, generate and discuss patient out-of-pocket amounts, set-up payment plans, perform insurance claim and patient account follow-up, make collection phone calls to patients, etc.
- Reports directly to the Practice Manager. Must have ability to work with minimum-to-moderate direct supervision and as a team player with other practice staff members.
- Will be required to perform general office, front desk and/or telephone operator duties on an as-needed/as-assigned basis.