|Employer:||NorthShore University HealthSystem
|Skills:||HCC,CPT,ICD 10 coding
|Required Certifications:||CPC,RHIT or RHIA,CCS-P
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a comprehensive, fully integrated, healthcare delivery system that serves the greater North Shore and Illinois communities. NorthShore is committed to earning the loyalty of those who come to us for care and those who play a role in providing that care. Service Values which include: Exceptional Customer Service, Supportive Workplace Interactions and Professional Work Ethic, define the behaviors that each employee demonstrates with co-workers, patients and families, physicians, and visitors.
To learn about the many benefits of working at NorthShore, which include a supportive work environment that promotes professional and career development, recognition of our staff for providing excellent service and a competitive benefits package, please visit www.northshore.org/careers.
NorthShore University HealthSystem is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
We are currently seeking a Senior Level Risk Adjustment Coder for our Revenue Cycle department located in Skokie, IL. This is a full-time position and is benefit eligible. Hours are flexible Monday thru Friday from 8:00AM – 4:30PM.
In this role, you will:
- Perform in-depth chart review of hospital and physician medical records to determine completeness and accuracy of HCC data
- Identify any chronic conditions coded in the previous year and make recommendations for the current year and suggestions for documentation improvement
- Conduct onsite education with physician and office staff on appropriate documentation and coding
- Identify and communicate documentation deficiencies to providers to improve documentation for accurate risk adjustment coding
- Understand the anatomy, pathophysiology, and medical terminology necessary to correctly code diagnoses.
Our ideal candidate will have:
HCC experience preferred
Associates Degree in Healthcare field preferred or completion of coding courses
Must have CPC, CCS-P, RHIT or RHIA certificate
Must have knowledge of medical terminology, CPT and ICD 10 coding principles and practices
3-5 years of coding and billing experience preferred
Must be able to analyze and interpret medical documents, and apply coding and/or local policy guidelines and regulations