|Employer:||UT Health San Antonio
|Required Certifications:||Coding Certification from AAPC or AHIMA
|Preferred Certifications:||Specialty Certification or Auditing Certification
|Required Experience:||8 to 10 years
|Location:||8431 Fredericksburg Road San Antonio 78229, TX, US
Join the Coding Team at UT Health San Antonio! Receive competitive pay and excellent benefits as an employee of the State of Texas. Job Summary:
Supervises and participates in the daily workflow of medical records coding, ensuring that coding, release of information and quality control are performed in compliance with federal, state, local, and institutional regulations. Leads team of production coders (approx. 15 - 20 personnel).
1. Recommends policies and procedures to maintain and improve the quality and productivity of the work unit.
2. Monitors department coding productivity and accuracy standards and produces productivity and quality reports for leadership.
3. Conducts the quality review of inpatient and outpatient coding; participates in root cause analysis of coding related denials.
4. Interprets clinical data using working knowledge of anatomy, physiology, disease process and medical terminology.
5. Provides support and guidance to staff with coding-related charge edits. Works queues and account resolutions; responds to coding-related questions from patients, providers, and clinical departments.
6. Reviews, interprets, and assigns diagnostic and procedural codes based upon medical record documentation and coding principles.
7. Evaluates performance of team members and provides coaching and guidance as necessary for improvement.
8. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or GED is required. Additional education preferred.
Experience: Eight (8) years of experience in medical record abstraction and coding is required. Supervisory or team lead experience is preferred.
Supervisory Requirements: Has the authority to direct the work of others, provide recommendations as to the hiring, termination, advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other employee.
Please direct inquiries to: Kristen Hansmann, MA, CPC, CANPC, CRC
Director, Patient Financial Services
UT Health Physicians
8431 Fredericksburg Road
San Antonio, TX 78229-3900