|Employer:||University of Colorado Medicine
|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||13199 East Montview Blvd.,Aurora 80045, CO, US
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers and is affiliated with the leading medical institutions in the West. Located adjacent to the Anschutz Medical Campus, one of the largest and most advanced academic medical campuses in the country, CU Medicine offers a variety of administrative, technical and healthcare support career opportunities and serves as a resource for patients and physicians.
We are seeking a highly motivated Surgical Billing Manager to join our leadership team.
The Surgical Billing Manager is responsible for all aspects of staff management and leadership for assigned Accounts Receivable team. The individual in this position will monitor all activities directly related to the overall financial performance of assigned School of Medicine (SOM) Clinical Departments, CU Medicine and Revenue Services as a whole while identifying and recommending improvements to maximize recoveries and improve workflow efficiencies.
The Surgical Billing Manager will:
- Manage and communicate accounts receivable (AR) and overall financial performance including aged AR, specific denial trends, write offs, charge corrections, insurance escalations, and general team management with the intent to increase revenues.
- Manage AR team to include headcount and operational expense assessment, hiring, and performance management ensuring written department procedures and standard work are in place and maintained as business processes change.
- Identify opportunities and recommend edits, workflow enhancements and custom tools to improve overall collection performance.
- Collaborate with Revenue Services Client Managers and physicians to identify and recommend effective coding, evidence-based reconsideration language, peer-to-peer disputes and external workflow enhancements aimed at improving overall system revenue performance which includes hospitals and free-standing clinics.
- Maintain CPC certification and demonstrate an in-depth understanding/ability to extract surgical and other medical documentation into appropriate CPT and ICD-10 codes.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of federal, state and all third-party insurance policies, practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of CU Medicine Managed Care Contracts specific to assigned departments and assist in communication with clinical departments, CU Medicine Management and Director.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Requires a minimum of 5 years’ management experience in a high-volume, physician billing environment ideally with a focus on Surgical &/or Orthopedic specialties. CPC certification with strong working knowledge of CPT and diagnosis coding is also required. Bachelor´s degree in healthcare administration, business or a related field is strongly preferred. Must have high-level knowledge of physician reimbursement and contract analysis with the ability to interpret and analyze data from a variety of financial reports. Requires expertise in a variety of PC applications including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Must be willing and able to collaborate on processes and procedures as an integral part of the Revenue Services management team. High level analytical skills are essential to success.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.cumedicine.us. Reference job number #420. All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.