|Type:||FULL TIME, OTHER
|Required Certifications:||or CCS-P,CPC,CCS
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||10101 Woodloch Forest The Woodlands 77380, TX, US* Note: This listing is for a remote position
Under minimal supervision, the Surgical Oncology Coding Educator provides applicable billing/coding and related reimbursement guidelines, to include federal/state laws and regulatory requirements affecting daily business operations applicable to Surgical Oncology. This information is researched and delivered to Providers and staff in the U.S. Oncology Network through face-to face communication, regular network publications, electronic and voice communications. Supports and adheres to The US Oncology Compliance program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards. MUST be an advocate for the practice, be pro-active, curious, and possess a thorough knowledge of Surgical Oncology. Must have exceptional communication skills and MUST be able to speak to and relate to the Providers and staff in Surgical Oncology and Research. This position requires a close working relationship with Providers and staff. Extensive knowledge of government regulations and applicable reimbursement laws and regulations required.
Influencing skills of senior leaders to gain acceptance of best practices
- Works with Providers and practice management to identify areas of opportunity.
- Educate and provide guidance related to ICD-10-CM, HCPCS coding systems.
- Research, prepare, develop and deliver subject matter material to The Network practice physicians, clinical team and business staff via on-site, web based, and other methods of training.
- Collaboration/partnering with Revenue Cycle Management regarding payer related issues.
- Researches, prepares, and develops coding material that will be presented to network practice physicians, clinical team and business staff via on-site, web based, and other methods of training.
- Development of coding tools/aids.
- Research related to government regulations and commercial payer policies.
- Prepares and disseminates monthly newsletter. Presentation skills delivering coding changes, monthly and annual webinar.
7+ years of overall professional work experience
4+ years’ experience in Surgical Oncology Coding
- Current CPC, CCS, or CCS-P certification
- Four (4) Years Surgical and Evaluation & Management Teaching and coding
- Current with understanding Compliance and Regulatory Guidelines.
- Four (4) Years direct experience in coding, medical records and reimbursement
- Four (4) Years experience working directly with and training Physicians and staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) required.
- Must be familiar with government regulations and applicable reimbursement laws and regulations relating to Medical Oncology and Drug reimbursement.
- Thorough knowledge of CPT-4 procedural coding methodology with ICD-10 and HCPCS coding.
- Instructional educational experience, training large groups (in person and remote)
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or equivalent work experience
Current CPC, CCS or CCS-P certification required
General Office Demands
Must be available for up to but not limited to 25% travel.