How would you code a diabetic patient with a pressure ulcer. Per ICD-9 Diagnosis 707.15 with (250.80) is not for a pressure ulcer.
Would I code pressure ulcer 707.09 for midfoot or toe, pressure ulcer stage (707.2) and due to patient being diabetic would I code 250.00 or 250.80?
This question is for a Podiatry Department.
Please help I would really appreciate feedback or information.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join