Hi, did you ever find a resolution to this procedure finding? I have a similar situation where the provider was doing a diagnostic laparoscopy to determine how bad a patient's endometriosis had developed and whether or not to remove the spreading growth. While the provider was exploring, she found a metallic stitch in the pelvic sidewall that was left from an appendix surgery years prior.
I want to code 58662 because endometriosis was removed during the laparoscopy and maybe 49329 for unlisted laparoscopy procedure, abdomen, peritoneum, and omentum for the removal of the metallic stitch.
Do you have any suggestions or advice on how you handled your situation?
Thank you in advance!
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join