I work for an urgent care center and we had a patient come in with a fish hook in his finger. The physician gave the patient a digital block and then used hemostats to push the fish hook through and remove it. He charged a procedure code 10121. United Health Care denied it saying the medical records did not support the code and there was a better code to use. There was not an incision made to remove the fish hook. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join