You would indeed code the 19328 for the removal of the intact implant. That is totally separate from the additional mastectomy procedure performed on the left breast. However if both the pectoralis major and minor were removed, you can't use 19307 as this excludes the pectoralis major muscle. If both the axillary and internal mammary lymph nodes were removed, then I would code 19306 with a 52 modifier as the breast tissue portion has already been done. If only the axillary nodes were taken, then I would do 19305 reduced with the 52.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join