I attended a Plastics coding seminar in April this year from the ASPS and in looking back at their paperwork, they do reference V50.1 for the cosmetic cases. The body site code would be for your records only, wouldn't it? (Most insurance companies do not pay for cosmetic). So I would think it is up to you if you choose to divide it out further and be specific to the body part. I would do this myself!! We aren't doing that many cosmetics (mostly insurance here).
I hope this helps! Good luck
Kati Telliard, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join