Need some help with clarifying how to bill smoking cessation services with an EM code visit. 99406 and 99407 are as I look at it to be billed with symptomatic patients and G0375 and G0376 for asymptomatic patients. I work in Oncology and we are going to be billing for this service, any information is appreciated. If a Medicare patient has cancer and we want to bill smoking cessation codes we should use the 99406-99407 since the patient would be sympatomatic? Also, conflicting information of it modifier 25 is needed or not.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join