I occasionally get that request from carriers too. My response to them is this.. "We bill a facility fee and do not itemized our supply usage. As an ASC the facility fee that we charge, includes everything from the time the patient walks in our door, til the time they leave".
If they are extremely persistent about it, then we actually log the supplies used for each case for case cost analysis and inventory control, so I print that report, white out a couple of things that are none of their business (prices etc) , make a copy and then send it.
hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join