Our nurse practitioner sees patients who have new problems on the same day they are receiving chemotherapy. Since they are new problems and non incident to they are billable to the NP and billed out in the NP's name. Therefore a -25 modifier is being used on the NP e/m service (99213/99214) and the chemo services (96413/96411 etc..) are billed out under the drs name.
We have recently been told we can not bill for the NP visit since the -25 modifier is for a seperate service peformed by the "SAME" physician on the same day and since 2 diffferent providers are providing the services the NP service is not billable.
Has anyone heard of this or have any information on this?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join