In this senario I would have billed an observation code 99218-99220 for the first day and then when the patient was admitted on the second day I would have started billing inpatient subsequent visits 99231-99233. I have not billed an inpatient initial visit in this case, however if the physician did not write an admit note until the next day I would have billed the initial inpatient codes 99221-99223. Hope this helps. I would also like to hear others opinions on this. Thanks
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join