If it was for the decision of surgery...yes you can bill.
Modifier 57: Decision for Surgery
An E/M examination coded with modifier 57 indicates a visit that resulted in the initial decision to perform a major surgery. It is used the day before or the day of major surgery. Surgeries that have a 90-day follow-up period are considered major surgeries. When coding modifier 57, ensure that the patientâ€™s records clearly indicate when the initial decision to perform the surgery was made. Do not use modifier 57 with an E/M service performed on the same day as minor surgery.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join