Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

CPC-ORTHO Exam

1. Default
    Medical Coding Books
    I agree with the comments about the guide, really a waste of paper and money, so what other references would you guys recommend? are the cases pretty much what we post or have seen posted or are they completely different? I remember when I took my ccs-p there was a case where you literally say "come on this doesn not happen in really coding"
    Now, Mary could you be more specific about the spine cases? anything we have posted?

I can tell you that the spine cases were a challenge. Lots of levels, spinal cages, hardware, category III codes, arthodesis etc.

3. Default
    thank you so much for the information, I will keep on asking you more questions. I am determined to take the test in 09

4. Default
    I was very disappointed with the study guide too. Personally, I thought the exam was very difficult. There were a lot of spinal procedures and I don't have much experience with those--there's another practice in town that takes most of those cases. I took the general surgery exam previously and I thought that was a piece of cake. I finished it in 3 hours. It took me most of the allotted time to finish the ortho exam. My advice--do as much as you can to prepare.

~L
    CPC, CGSC, COSC

Treetoad - did you use/bring the ortho companion books, and if so, did you find them helpful? Also, ... what else did you use to prepare for the ORTHO test? I can't seem to find ANYTHING in the way of helping/practicing/etc - it's coming down to just experience, and the AAPC ORTHO guide as far as practice... I haven't found a "mock ORTHO exam" - I really wish there was one out there somewhere!

thanks for the input -

mbort - what about you?... did you use anything for studying/practice or just your experience??
    Donna, CPC, CPC-H

I just used experience..after 18 years I was hoping I knew what I was doing...just when I think I've seen it all..something new appears!!

Wink
    Mary...That's GREAT!!
    Pass or not pass, there is no one I would rather ask advice from. You definitely have the edge. Congrats!!

8. Thumbs up
    Hey Mary....
    Great News!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! - So When Did You Say You Were Coming To New York To Help Me Study???!!! Lol
    Very Good News!!! :d

9. Default
    And Congrats To Treetoad As Well!!!! Nice Job!!!!! :d

Default Congratulations!
    Congatulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a CPC-ORTHO I can vouch for the hard work needed for the test. You earned it. Go out and celebrate!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12