AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Medicare coverage question

Default Medicare coverage question

AAPC: Back to School
    I have searched and searched the Noridian site but I can not seem to find out if Medicare covers injection J1390 (Estradiol). I have found some pricing on this injection but no guidelines. Since I found pricing I would like to assume they cover it but I do not know for positive. Can anybody help??? Thanks

That codes shows to have be an E status code.

E = Excluded from Physician Fee Schedule by regulation. These codes are for items and/or services that CMS chose to exclude from the fee schedule payment by regulation. No RVUS or payment amounts are shown and no payment may be made under the fee schedule for these codes. Payment for them, when covered, generally continues under reasonable charge procedures.
    Herbie W Lorona Jr., CPC, CPC-H

Default Thank You

Thank you!!! For some reason I am not very good at navigating the Noridian site. I wonder if there are certian words you have to use in the search tool that I am not aware of. Thanks again!

Similar Threads

1. Medicare coverage for 11720
    By LaVoncye in forum Podiatry
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2015, 04:06 PM
  2. Medicare diabetic shoe coverage
    By mcarter1017 in forum Podiatry
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2014, 04:41 AM
  3. Medicare coverage for 65+
    By siddika_82@hotmail.com in forum Medicare Regulations
    Replies: 3