412 (old MI) should only to be used if there are no symptoms, 414.8 (other unspecified forms of chronic ischemic heart disease) states in the description "Any conidtions classifiable to 410 specified as chronic, or presenting with symptoms after 8 weeks from date of infarct). You would probably have to query the provider to find out the time frame.
If this is past 8 weeks I would code it 414.8, V45.02 (cardiac device in situ-AICD), V12.53 (personal history of sudden cardiac arrest). If less than 8 weeks I would use 410.x2 in place of 414.8.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join