when doing procedures in the office versus an outpatient setting, the RVU's are higher to offset the cost of those supplies.
So to answer your question: yes they are included in the CPT. You can find this information in your CPT book, under the surgery guidelines (Its page 47 in the 2009 CPT Professional addition, I dont have my 2008 in my office right now so dont know if they are the same page # or not).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join