We use this code, I work for a Family Pratice and Peds office.
This is the a list of payments I kept, listing them down the line by the lowest to highest reimbursement.
99051- $2.02- PPO Great West
99051- $5.00- Aetna
99051- $15.00- Insurance ?
99051- $20.00- Meritain Health
99051- $25.00- Blue Shield
But over all most of the time these charges get kicked back. So it depends on how you view it. Say out of 100 of these visits a month you only get 15 of these paid at $7.00, that's $105 bucks a month. And then $1260.00 a year, so that's some change you might want to consider. For the charges that get rejected, we just right them off.
Do some google searches on this, just punch in 99051. And you'll see other articles on this. Even on this site. There was a post on this a few months back. Look into it. Alot of good hits.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join