This sounds correct to me. I work with hospital employed physicians, most are off site in completely free standing offices that they are renting. In that case we bill with place of service 11. This reimburses higher because it includes those types of expenses. If they are located in the hospital and the hospital is seperately billing for those expenses as their facility fee then you would need to use the 22 place of service which has a lesser reimbursement rate.
Hope this is helpful,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join