Most ASC's started out that way many years ago but unless your contracts pay you based on a percentage of charges, its not worth it. Most contracts are still based on the old grouper system which is a set rate per code.
You would have to assign a HCPC code to EVERY single item that is used for each case including a bandaid. Each individual item will have to be entered into your system seperately (you may need to check to see if your software is even compatible.)
I have nothing good to say about itemization..probably cause I've done it!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join