Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

E/M Auditor Exam

1. Question E/M Auditor Exam
    Exam Training Packages
    I will be taking the E/M Auditor exam in December. The guidelines for the exam state I will need my ICD-9, CPT, HCPCs books and one reference tool of my choice. Can anyone tell my what tool they brought with them to this exam. I don't want to show up with something and then be told that I can't use it. Thanks for your help.

Default E/M Auditor Exam
    I just took this exam and was told beforehand that you can use either the 95 or 97 Documentation Guidelines as a reference tool. Good luck

Beanster--what company are you taking the E/M auditor certification exam through? I'm looking into getting certified as an auditor.

I've heard that you can bring the 1995/1997 guidelines as a reference. Best of luck
    Carrie, BS, CPC

I brought my Mosby's Medical Dictionary and found it to be very helpful during the exam.

You are to bring the 95 and 97 guidelines for the exam, but you are also allowed to bring one more reference guide of your choice as well.

Default A dictionary?
    Quote Originally Posted by chelle View Post
    I brought my Mosby's Medical Dictionary and found it to be very helpful during the exam.
    I'm stunned that you were allowed to use a Medical Dictionary. That was definitely NOT allowed when I took the CPC-E/M exam. But perhaps you are talking about a different company's credentialing exam.

For the AAPC E/M Auditor specialty you will need BOTH 1995 and 1997 guidelines / audit tools. The rules do state that you may bring one other reference source of your choosing, but I would interpret that as being something specifically related to E/M coding. In my experience, you really don't need anything beyond the CPT, ICD9, HCPCS and 95 & 97 guidelines.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CPC-E/M

I am in total agreement with FTessaBartels on all counts - what tools are necessary for the E/M exam - and the fact that someone allowed a dictionary!?!?
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

8. Default
    Thanks to everyone who responded. Just in case you were wondering.....I passed!!! I got my results today.

9. Default Congratulations!!!!
    I am planning to take my E/M Auditing exam next year...Was the test hard? What type of questions did they have?

dscoder74

Default Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by beanster626 View Post
    Thanks to everyone who responded. Just in case you were wondering.....I passed!!! I got my results today.
    Congratulations!!! You should celebrate
    What company did you take the test through? What books/tools did you end up bringing?
    Carrie, BS, CPC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast