Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Local Chapter Ideas

Default Local Chapter Ideas
    Medical Coding Books
    We are looking for suggestions and ideas for successful meetings that your chapter has had.... maybe a fun game or great speaker or topic. Let us know what has worked for you so that other chapters can also benefit!

What worked for you?
    Rhonda Buckholtz, CPC, CPC-I, CGSC, COBGC, CEPDC, CENTC
    Vice President, ICD-10
    AAPC
    800-626-2633 ext 183
    814-673-7177
    Fax: 814-217-0447
    rhonda.buckholtz@aapc.com

I haven't participated in it yet, but I have heard Coding Jeopardy is a great game and is lots of fun...I was actually thinking about suggesting we do it at one of our meetings...If any one has this game or suggestions for it let me know.

Thanks!
    Christina Lee Wagner, CPC, CPC-H

Vice President, ICD-10
    AAPC
    800-626-2633 ext 183
    814-673-7177

4. Default
    Coding Crossword puzzles are fun try this website it is so easy, I am using one for the first time this month at our local chapter meeting. I used them this week for a game during heatlh information management week. The staff really seemed to enjoy this, whats nice is you can make it on any topic you would like.

www.eclipsecrossword.com/downloadfull.html
    Laurie Weyerstrass CCS,CPC

Lightbulb
    At our last meeting, which was on 08 ICD-9 updates, we played "Are you Smarter Than an ICD-9 Coder?" We had one member who was the contestant, and another was the "5th grader." Everyone really seemed to enjoy it.
    Amy Crego, CPC, CPC-P, CPMA, CRC
    Vice President, Columbus, OH AAPC

One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar. ~ Helen Keller

Still looking for ideas to share with other chapters..... anybody else?
    Vice President, ICD-10
    AAPC
    800-626-2633 ext 183
    814-673-7177

Default Chapter Ideas
    We have done "Coding Quiz Bowl" with teams and prizes. Lots of fun. Also, did "CSI: Coding Scene Investigator". We did scenarios from the popular TV show and had the chapter code certain things like HIV, Down's syndrome, child abuse, wounds, and such. Everyone really had a great time and gave us a chance to code outside our comfort zone.

Default Coding Concentration
    I created coding concentration for our lunch and learn program at work. You have squares, with coding questions and answers. People get points for matching the correct answer to the question. This was fun and we had a small prize. We have also done coding jeopardy and coding word puzzles.

9. Default
    Our chapter played ICD-9 Pictionary. We used a dry easer board and I would draw pictures and everyone had to look up the correct code. Mostly stick figures w/ E- codes. You know burn from a fire on a cruise ship. We gave away prizes we had brought back from the Seattle conference. Try it you'll like it!
    Tammy Hughes, CPC
    Grass Valley CA
    Gold country chapter President- Elect

We have done coding jeopardy and have a blast we play this game at our Christmas meeting before we exchange gifts which we play a game called dirty santa, meaning you can take the gift of your choosing before opening one present. One chapter plays coding concentration which is fun also. Good luck

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast