I am at a loss as to how to handle this code. Since it is considered a "Status B" code by Medicare and not reimbursable and the commercial carriers with whom I work with also do not reimburse this service, how should this be billed in order to get reimbursed? My doctors say it is NOT part of the psych testing but a separate and distinct service. I do not want to add an extra hour/unit when I bill for the psychiatric testing but short of billing for an E&M code for the visit with the patient to explain the testing results, I am confused as to how to code for the subsequent meeting with the patient to explain the testing results. Could anyone with coding background in mental health codes for psychiatric/psychological testing shed any light on the use of these codes? I am fairly new to these codes and need some insight.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join