Thread: DX

Default DX

Promo: Code Books
    what dx would you use to code picking up contact lens'?

thank you

This does not sound like a codeable event.
    ~Amy, CPC, CPMA, CEMC~
    Auditor/Consultant

Question

that's what i was thinking, but my co-worker is trying to get reimbursed from bc for her contact lens' because the vision center doesn't par and on the form it is asking for a DX code if asking for a reimbursment for contacts. so i am at a loss...if anything i would expect a procedure code.?

?? curious - "why" would you be coding "picking up contact lens"? Because a patient comes in to pick up their prescribed contact lens?
    Donna, CPC, CPC-H

{just shaking my head} ---really.....hmmmm
    Donna, CPC, CPC-H

I don't believe that I would do this.
    ~Amy, CPC, CPMA, CEMC~
    Auditor/Consultant

her insurance doesn't par w/ wal mart for contact lens' so she pays out of pocket, then they reimburse her for what she paid.

she has a long form from bc to fill out and they are asking for the cpt and dx. i just don't know what dx's are avaliable for eye exams.

If your co-worker has a contact lens benefit through her bc/bs, then the payment for the actual contacts would include the "pick up" of them. If she had a fitting, then that includes the dispensing/f/u care of them to her. The dx is whatever is documented for the visit like always, i.e., routine vision exam, refractive error, blurry vision, etc. Hope that's helpful.

sounds to me like your friend just wants to be reimbursed from the ins carrier for the actual payment she made on the lenses themself. She should be able to go by the eye center at Walmart and get the appropriate codes from them as she had to give them the prescription to fill it and since they do not participate,they should be able to assist in getting her the info she needs to be reimbursed.

THANK YOU ALL!