I found this on the AAPC website. Hope it helps!
Requirments for removal of Apprentice designation
for the CPCÂ®, CPC-HÂ®, CPC-PÂ®:
At least two recommendation letters verifying 2 years of on the job experience using the CPTÂ®, ICD-9, or HCPCS code sets. At least one letter must be from a supervisor outlining your coding experience and amount of time in that capacity.
A minimum 80 hour coding course AND one letter verifying one year of on the job coding experience from a supervisor. Proof of education may be sent in the form of a letter from the instructor stating the amount of contact hours or a certificate of completion stating the amount of contact hours.
Each examination is separate and distinct from one another. To obtain all certifications, each examination must be taken separately and passed. 36 CEUs are required every two years for single certification, 48 CEUs for dual certification, and 60 CEUs to maintain all three certifications.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join