Since I am responsible for 25+ physicians it would impossible for me to code everything for them so my physicians code their own cases and submit them to me. From there I go through various steps that include verifying their coding is correct, adding anything they have missed or removing anything that is not documented, and then coding the diagnoses. If a code they have used is incorrect or inappropriate I query the physician by email. Once I have completed the coding check, I run a validation for CCI edits & RVU order and then fill out a charge ticket adding all necessary modifiers. Once the tickets are complete I turn them over to my charge entry clerk. I do not have a set amount to code per hour since my physicians are so diverse. I could spend 45minutes on a head & neck cancer resection or the same amount could be spent coding a days worth of tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy cases. I have other duties but as for coding this about sums it up.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join