Could someone answer this question for me? CPT code- 65855 is a trabeculoplasty by laser surgery, one or more sessions (defined treatment series). If a physician bills this code four times with each date of service 7 days apart, is this appropriate? 65855 is billed each time for the same eye, but then modifier 79 is used with the second and fourth date of service. I am thinking this code should only be billed and paid for one time if dates of service are this close together. Wouldn't all 3 dates of service be considered a defined treatment series? This is on the same eye. Thank you!
Does anyone have CPT Assistant Mar 98:7, Mar 03:23. The CPT book directs you to the CPT Assistant which I do not have. If anyone could help me, that would be great! Thanks!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join