20160430 - Save up to 35% on Everything You Need to Get Certified | Learn More

Thread: 65855- Trabeculoplasty

Question 65855- Trabeculoplasty

Could someone answer this question for me? CPT code- 65855 is a trabeculoplasty by laser surgery, one or more sessions (defined treatment series). If a physician bills this code four times with each date of service 7 days apart, is this appropriate? 65855 is billed each time for the same eye, but then modifier 79 is used with the second and fourth date of service. I am thinking this code should only be billed and paid for one time if dates of service are this close together. Wouldn't all 3 dates of service be considered a defined treatment series? This is on the same eye. Thank you!

Does anyone have CPT Assistant Mar 98:7, Mar 03:23. The CPT book directs you to the CPT Assistant which I do not have. If anyone could help me, that would be great! Thanks!
    Last edited by cinders1010; 11-25-2008 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Additional information

Similar Threads

1. 65855 - Help
    By jemimah crescentia in forum Ophthalmology/Optometry
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 12:00 PM
  2. Trabeculoplasty coding question
    By johnv0329@yahoo.com in forum Ophthalmology/Optometry
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 01:30 PM