"MLC blocking" is shorthand for Multi-Leaf Collimation blocking. Many linear accelerators (the radiation treatment delivery system) have the ability to shape the radiation beam in the pattern the physician designs by a multi-leaf collimator housed in the head of the unit.
COding radiation field designs using a MLC is a little tricky - as it is the design itself that defines the complexity of the treatment device (CPT 77332, 77333, 77334) and not the use of the MLC itself.
Do a Google search by multi-leaf collimator - you'll get hits that will show you exactly what it looks like.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join