only if they don't want up to date, correct coding! It's silly to use OLD books, there's a reason why they're updated! Claims will be denied with incorrect codes - payment will become an issue! Why wouldn't they supply new books?
I worked at one place that claimed their "budget" only allowed for so many books, so we had to share between us BUT we also had an Encoder - so sharing wasn't such an issue. We basically only used the books when we wanted to read "hard copy" .
Does your provider provide and Encoder (such as 3M - Meditech or others)rather than books?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join