Descriptions of these modifiers are in the HCPCS book. Depending on the scope of the anesthesia practice, number of cases the provider is or isn't directing, documentation and state licensing requirements you could be billing any of these modifiers.
If an MDA is personally performing = AA modifier
CRNA is personally performing = QZ modifier
The other modifiers are medical direction and supervision modifiers that would be billed instead of the AA and QZ modifiers.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join