I will try to help...
1. Depends on the situation. I would need more info to give you a clear answer. If you can give more details about the visit I can try to help.
2. Using QW for CLIA waived tests is required by Medicaid in my state (NC) but we also use it for all payors. We have yet to get a denial for using it. It is appropriate to use it but I would say this is one of those gray areas that could be carrier specific.
3. We too do lead screenings; we take the sample and send it to the state. So it is inappropriate to code for the lead screening itself since we are only handling the sample. We code 99000 V15.86.
Hope this is helpful... if you supply more info on Question #1 I will try to answer it too.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join