You ask: Would this be looked at as 'job jumping'
I wouldn't consider it job jumping unless you'd been there less than a year, or had a history of changing employers every 2-3 years.
Notice I said "changing employers" not changing jobs... In my first 5 years with my current employer I had 4 different titles (5 if you count the fact that one title added a "II" after a year). What prospective employers look for is someone who will be around for a while, so that the investment in training a new hire pays off to the employer.
And even if your resume contains this kind of "red flag" you can always offer an explanation in your cover letter.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CPC-E/M
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join