I bill for echo's frequently and as of the first of the year, you cannot bill those three codes together. If you are doing a complete echo with the spectral doppler and color doppler you need to use the code 93306. That is the new code this year for a complete echo. You can bill the 93307 if you do not include the spectral or color dopplers.
I bill with both types of dx's. If the report comes back and it's a fairly normal echo, then I will bill with the symptoms. If it comes back with a definitive dx then I use that instead.
I hope this helps you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join