Pt had surgery out-of-state for a bone flap replacement. Our rehabilitation doctor received a script from pt's surgeon to remove 69 staples from pt's scalp (no anesthesia was used). Pt is established with our office, but I am puzzled as far as what CPT to code to accurately translate the service that took place. Does our service count as part of the global period for the surgeon out-of-state, is this bundled with an office visit, can I use an unlisted code and attach notes, or do we need to find out the procedure code that took place in the other state and append mod-55? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join