Title: Musculoskeletal, 27125, 27236 (Q&A)
Body: Coding Consultation
Is CPT code 27125 Partial hip replacement, prosthesis (eg, femoral stem prosthesis, bipolar arthroplasty), the appropriate code for reporting bipolar arthroplasty performed to treat a fracture of the hip?
From a CPT coding perspective, it would not be appropriate to report code 27125 to describe a bipolar arthroplasty performed to treat a fracture of the hip. As indicated in the parenthetical note immediately following code 27125, the appropriate code to report prosthetic hip replacement (eg, bipolar arthroplasty) following fracture of the hip, is 27236, Open treatment of femoral fracture, proximal end, neck, internal fixation or prosthetic replacement (direct fracture exposure).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join