Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CPC-H help!

Default CPC-H help!
    Medical Coding Books
    I took the CPC exam but now taking the CPC-H can anyone tell me the type of questions that differ from CPC VERSUS CPC-H? I would like to study that area...i'm taking test in few days...thanks

I'm scheduled for the exam on 12/13/08 and the good thing is it's still multiple choice, so process of elimination is great. The main difference per my instructor is knowing the payment methodologies. You need to know what drives OPPS, APC etc also know the status indicators which you have listed in your HCSPCS book and ACRONYMS. Good Luck
    Kiana CPC, CPC-H, BCS-M, BCS-R

A great indicator of what to find on the exam, is the study guide. I took the exam early this year and used the study guide and the ISP modules and between them they were a great resource.

Good luck!

Machelle
    CPC, CPC-H, CPC-E/M

Wink ahansen CPC
    I am also taking the CPC-H test on December 13. This will be my second
    time since July. The part that I failed on the test was
    the CPT Surgery Section. You need to know how to read Very Long
    OP notes and code them quickly. My instructor said NOT to take time
    reading the entire OP note. But to have the Mulitple Choice answers in
    front of you then read them and then pick out key words from the OP
    note so that you can eliminate the wrong answers. I hope this helps,
    Good Luck to All of us.

I happened to stumble across a 2008 CPC-H practice mock exam on ebay believe it or not ... it's from a legit company, "Ritecode" ... they e-mail it to you.

I'm purchasing it in the next few minutes, it couldn't hurt and it's only $30 or something ... I'm scheduled to take the CPC-H next week 12/13, as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-CPC-H-Codin...18116005r29977

I hope we all pass

Quote Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
    also know the status indicators which you have listed in your HCSPCS book

I can't seem to find it, what page is it on are around what area ? I found the status modifiers.

I am schedualed to take the 2008 CPC-H on 12-6-08. I really hope i pass it the first time but if i don't how long do i have to take the retest ? Someone told me till Feb because they won't have the 2008 tests after and i will be forced to take the 2009. Is there any truth to that ? I will be contacting AAPC this afternoon to verify this information but i just wanted some feed back first. Thanks

Default ICD-9 volume 1&2 verses volume 1,2,& 3
    Would some one mind explaining the difference between ICD-9-CM volumes 1&2 and ICD-9 volumes 1,2 &3 (hospital) manuals?

Can the hospital edition be used for the CPC study and exam.

Thank You.
    Christine Barboza, CPC, CPC-I
    Allergy & Asthma Care, PC
    101 Industrial Park Rd
    Taunton, MA. 02780
    clb_coding@gmail.com, cbarb8891@gmail.com

Angry
    I am retaking the CPC exam in December. I am studying much harder, working with on line exams and the exam book. But I still feel I need some guidance. Can anyone give me suggestions so I can pass this time. I did not fail the whole exam.

Quote Originally Posted by cbarb8891 View Post
    Would some one mind explaining the difference between ICD-9-CM volumes 1&2 and ICD-9 volumes 1,2 &3 (hospital) manuals?

Can the hospital edition be used for the CPC study and exam.

Thank You.
    I use the ICD volume 1 & 2 for physician's because i do the billing for a physician's office. I don't know how detailed the hopital ICD-9 is but i do know that Volume 3 is procedure codes used by hospitals and not docotor's. Here is a decription from the AAPC, you can compare it to the decription for volumes 1 & 2. I am taking the CPC-H and was told i don't need volume 3 because it won't be on the exam. So you can use either one. Im using the physician's edition and so far no problems.

Hope this helps.

NEW! Alert icons for POA and HAC indications, complications and co-morbidities (CCs), and major complications and co-morbidities (MCCs) — aids in reducing risk of upcoding audits and potential fines
    NEW! ICD-9-CM Official Coding Guidelines integrated into tabular listing with the affected code(s) — one-stop code and guideline look-up
    All 2009 new and revised codes with a summary of all code changes plus official ICD-9-CM Appendixes — using official and updated information is essential to complying with HIPAA and getting paid
    Over 500 descriptions of complex codes — takes the guesswork out of choosing the right code
    Intuitive icons for Age and Sex edits, new or revised text, 4th and 5th digit requirements — helps ensure specificity and validity
    V Code designation icons — recognize when V codes can be used only as primary or additional diagnoses
    AHA Coding Clinic© for ICD-9-CM references noted with applicable codes — lets you know exactly where to look for more guidance
    Valid three-digit list — identify a condition or disease when an additional digit is not available
    Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) compliance icons — identify Medicare Code Edits (MCE) used to audit claims
    Color icons for “Unacceptable Principal Diagnosis” and “Non-covered Procedure”, and “Valid O.R.” and “Non O.R.” procedures — helps you see important information at a glance
    Mapping of DRGs to MS-DRGs — know which previous DRGs link to the new MS-DRGs.
    Detailed, full-page anatomy illustrations plus over 400 code-specific illustrations that have been integrated into the book — allows better interpretation of clinical notes to help you code with more specificity
    Spiral binding with color tabs for quick look-ups — find the right code quickly
    Inpatient hospital and payer coders should buy ICD-9-CM Volumes 1-3
    Physician coders and outpatient facility coders should buy ICD-9-CM Volumes 1-2
    ICD9CM Coding Guidelines 2008-2009
    ICD-9-CM Official Coding Guidelines Summary of Changes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast