This is what the CCI Manual has to say -
E. Arthroscopic Procedure Converted to Open Procedure
If an arthroscopic procedure fails and is converted to an open procedure, only the open procedure is reportable. Thus, arthroscopic procedures are bundled into open procedures. If an arthroscopic procedure and open procedure are performed on different joints, the two procedures may be separately reportable with anatomic modifiers or modifier -59.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join