ABSOLUTELY you can use your books for the entire exam!
and, no - you cannot bring a CPC EXPERT book. Only the listed books will be allowed in. Per the AAPC Website under the exam information area:
"Approved Manuals for Use During Examination
CPTÂ® Books (AMA Standard or Professional versions only) no other publisher is allowed)
For specialty credential examinations you may have one additional printed reference book of your choice.
For the CIRCC™ examinations you may use anatomical charts to assist in catheter selection (labeled with w/catheter selectivity.)
In addition, any officially published errata update sheets for these manuals may be used. No other manuals are allowed. Examinees may use current calendar year and/or previous year code books. However, it is strongly suggested that only current manuals be used. Questions on the CPCÂ®, CPC-HÂ® or CPC-PÂ® tests do not require the use of any other outside material.
Individuals with a solid understanding of coding fundamentals, anatomy, and terminology should be able to answer each examination question through application of the CPTÂ®, ICD-9-CM, or HCPCS manuals, or through careful reasoning."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join