I agree with you (somewhat) but what I would do for the
Patellofemoral compartment (depending on his superficial documentation) is use the 29877 instead of the 29874 (RVU's higher for 29877 I believe) for the chondroplasty/loose body in the patellofemoral joint (since we can't have both). If the superficial chondroplasty documentation stinks, then I would go with the 29874.
My two cents
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join