I would go with the 11975 - 11977 because it is for contraception. The information below can be found in the 2002 CPT Changes book.
11981 â€śInsertion, non-biodegradable drug delivery implantâ€ť
would not be the appropriate code to use for the insertion of
contraceptives. Code 11975 â€śInsertion, implantable contraceptive
capsulesâ€ť directly relates to contraceptives and is the
correct code to use.
Hope this information helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join