When was the decision for surgery? If you have the documentation you can bill admission, all the subsequent hosp. visits and the 57 on the 12/10 visit. It all depends on what was documented in the physician's note, and when the decision for surgery was made. If the decision was made on the admission, but the patient was not able to have the surgery because of another medical reason and the patient had to be evaluated as to when they were well enough, you should still be able to bill the visits. As long as you have documentation of medical necessity. At least that is my opinion.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join