CPC-A to CPC experiences

1. Default CPC-A to CPC experiences
    Medical Coding Books
    Hi everyone,

I will be applying to have my A removed in February and would like to prevent any potential delays because I will receive a pay increase when I'm fully credentialed. I took a coding class last year instructed by a PMCC-I and she gave me a letter, on plain paper, stating the required information (total class hours, etc.) needed by the AAPC. I have letters from a co-worker and the office manager, on company letterhead, from an organization that I was employed as an intern coder with for a few months stating the required infromation (dates employed, CPT usage etc.). I am currently a coder and when I have the addtional employment time in to equal a year (intership + current employment = 1 year) I will ask a co-worker and my manger to write similar letters on company letterhead or plain paper if company letterhead isn't an option. Does anyone see any potential problems? Please feel free to share your experinces. Thanks!!

No. I just did that myself

I had my co-worker and manager do the same and faxed it in and the A was off the next day

Default Best on letterhead
    Best if all the documentation is on letterhead.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CPC-E/M

5. Default need some help in getting started
    I have my diaploma in Medical Coding and I can not find a job anywhere to get some experience. I have sent out so many letters that I have just about gave up. How did any of you get started?
    thank you

[

Default letterhead
    I do know that they require letterhead. That is what held mine up. One person I spoke with said that only one letter had to be letterhead, but when the A didn't come off I called back and was told that both had to be on letterhead. If the A doesn't come off in a few days make sure that you call to find out why, because they won't notify you, you have to inquire.

From someone who was supplying the letter of recommendation for a colleague, please be sure there is letterhead for each correspondence.

Even if that individual has personalized letterhead, please be sure he/she uses that. As others have explained, it will hold up the process if lacking.

Unhappy I'm in the same boat
    as the woman looking for a position. Everyone wants experince, but how do you get experience when no one will hire you to gain it??? They won't even look at your resume. Very dissappointing!!! I have received my CPC-A as well and do have less than a year experience. I also am a phone resource for the school that I took my classes with. It is very hard to be positive with students about furthering their careers, when I myself am finding it difficult to acquire a position. I am wondering if this field is being flooded and the job market is drying up for medical coding?? What's your input???