AAPC - Back to school
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Networking with Coders

Default Networking with Coders

AAPC: Back to School
    Hello my fellow coders! I just wanted to talk with coders who teach online as well as code regularly. I code full time in the day, remote during the evenings and/or weekends as well as teach. I wanted to hear of different experiences from others of how well they balance everything out as well as their challenges. I also wanted to know especially if anyone is in the Georgia area.

I am in Georgia.......

Default Remote Coder

I would be interested to know which company you work for in your remote coding role. I would love to get in to this but I am not having much luck finding a comany.

I work for Outcomes, Inc. It is a really good company to work for. I know there are some threads where people express their opinions of the company. I have the best clinical advocate in the world. I love the training involved as well.

I am in IL...
    I work full time as a remote claims auditor and also perform medical necessity reviews. I also on the side do some consulting work and perform e/m audits of physician groups.

On top of that I have a 2 year old daughter that also keeps my days filled. I manage to do it all by prioritizing and often what I set out to do during the day ends up being completed in the evenings.
    Kelly Long CPC, CFE
    Manager Audit and Compliance

Kelly, I've seen you posting remote job ads for other coders. I think that is a very wonderful thing to do for those searching.

Thank you.... That is nice of you to say.
    Kelly Long CPC, CFE
    Manager Audit and Compliance

You're welcome, Kelly.

I just wanted to say that it was real rough for me to start off my career. I remember getting real good interviews and then being blown off because of not having experience. I've learned to never give up no matter the odds. I got involved in local chapter meetings, volunteering at different facilities, and the number one uno---NETWORKING!!! I was practically carried up the ladder when I got certified and then finished my associate's degree program. I love coding and teaching it to other people. So, henceforth, that is when doors started flying open. I will take the RHIT exam in a few months. I am considering taking the NAMA certification workshop coming up. I really would love to maybe work for Medicare in with the RAC program. I love auditing! That's practically what I think every coder does anyway.

Atlanta GA

hello devry123
    help me with an remote for home job please help where do i send my resume

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast