Arthroscopy

Unhappy Arthroscopy
    Exam Training Packages
    Okay we need some help with this one. Our doc wants to bill 29822 or 29823 with 29824. These bundle per CCI edits and since they are all on the right shoulder we don't believe that we can use the 59 modifier...however our doc is insisting that since he did the procedures on different areas of the same shoulder that they are different procedures and should be treated as such. Can someone with a little more experience in ortho coding help?

2. Default
    I think you can bill with a modifier 51-59 if the cci edit allows.you can not bill
    both 29822 and 29823 if it was extensive use 29823 and the 29824 I am not in front of my cci edit's so I am guessing .I will ck it tomorrow.

Hi Misty,

There are occasions that you can bill all of them and utilize the 59 modifier but the documentation must support it.

If you can post the operative note, I'd be happy to look at it.

thanks
    Mary, CPC,CPC-ORTHO

Thank you! It is an extensive note. Would it be possible for me fax you the note? I will block out all of the patient information. If not, please let me know.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by mistys View Post
    Thank you! It is an extensive note. Would it be possible for me fax you the note? I will block out all of the patient information. If not, please let me know.

Thanks again!
    I sent my info via private message

Similar Threads

1. Arthroscopy help!!!
    By leoramarion@yahoo.com in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 09:09 AM
  2. Arthroscopy help
    By Orthocoder269 in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2014, 10:46 AM
  3. arthroscopy