Carol, I've worked in GI for 28 years and done extensive consulting. Although all specialties have common concerns, areas of focus for GIs might include
- requirements for a consult,
- the appropriate use of modifier 25,
- point out the MDM's table of risk and definition of endoscopy with and without identified risk,
- the definition of a "complete" colonoscopy,
- review Medicare's CRC screening guidelines,
- billing based on time for hepatitis C patients,
PM me if you want; I'd be happy to discuss GI auditing with you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join