AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st Coding job

AAPC: Back to School
    Good for you Cynthia, I work for a well known Hosp in California for over 4yrs now. I have extensive experience in the front back end of the hosp I pass my CPC exam in June but my certificate has an A. I networked with the manager's and supervisor of the coding dept. to at least give me the opportunity to volunteer some of my free time in the dept. and was not a success story as yours. The hosp that I work for would rather give someone from the outside a chance than giving the opportunity to a current employee.
    Last edited by heyyall2; 08-08-2009 at 11:01 PM.

Flower City Professional Coders

Congrats on the new coding position. I also am new to a coding position. I passed the gruling 5.5 hr exam 2 yrs ago and just landed a job. Here is the situation. The company has not taken over the coding and billing for the providers yet as the contract with the old billing co. does not end until Oct. 31st. We are just getting set up. Do you have any info so far regarding Hospitalist coding??? I need all the help I can get as this is all new to me too. Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by cynthia a View Post
    ok, i have worked in the medical field for 21yrs. So my foot and whole body are in the door. I completed the grueling 5.5 hour exam and passed. (that was the easy part). Now for my question. How does one go about landing their 1st coding job with no experience so to speak, it seems there is always some one else out there that has experience. Any and all feedback will be welcomed.
    congrats cynthia iam taking the test the second time around in october any advice on ow to pass it

Hey congrtats. Iam taking the exam second time around in october. Have any advice on how to pass.

Kochina Coders-Mesa,AZ

Hey susan,

the way i started in the field was by volunteering in the hims department in the hospital as a medical records clerk. I am hoping to get hired as a biller with them soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12