For anesthesia billing you bill for the highest base unit valued code with total time for multiple surgeries occuring during the same operative setting. If you are actually billing for two separate anesthesia services (at different times of the day) then you would need to bill each service with the actual time for each and add the -59 modifier to the second service or lesser charge amt service.
Send me a private message with your contact info if you have general questions.
Julie D, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join